Friday, March 30, 2012

Puzzled by installation error.

I have tried installed several times the SQL Server 2005 Express (Standard or Advanced Services) on my XP SP2 system and all failed.

The error messages are all about the Secure Socket Layer certificate and provider, either cannot find, create valid SSL certificate or the authentication provider is not trust (actually I don't know any of this and where to find them). I am learning at home the SQL Server and not going to do a website. Why I need a SSL? Or if it is really necessary, how do I obtained one?

I installed IIS (supposedly 5.0 since I have XP SP2), is this related? How to install without IIS?

Or do I need a Server OS?

Turn of the SSL on the default website (where Reporting Service will be installed) and you should be able to install the whole thing easily. Afterwards you can turn on SSL again on the default website.

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.


http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||

How to turn off SSL? In SQL Express setup or IIS setting in MMC?

My IIS setting has a default SSL port 440 but I cannot change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment