Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Put first 10 rows in a table and then group by each 25 rows in ano

Hi.
I would like to put the first 10 rows in a table and not have a page break.
Then in another table (which will be shown on another page) I would like to
show the 25 next rows, add a page break, show the next 25 rows, etc.
I could solve this by
System.Math.Ceiling (RowNumber (Nothing)/10)
or
Add a filter with top N = 10.
The tables are identical and uses the same datasource.
When I set the group to System.Math.Ceiling (RowNumber (Nothing)/25)
on the last table nothing happens. All rows are shown. I thought I could
add a filter with bottom N = CountRows - 10 but CountRows don't work in
filters.
And if it did I probably would have problems with the grouping to add page
breaks.
I know there have been similar requests, but I haven't been able to find a
solution.
Bright ideas are appreciated.I think I'll just make two different datasources.
One with the first then rows and one with the rest,
then bind each table to its datasource.
"Knut" wrote:
> Hi.
> I would like to put the first 10 rows in a table and not have a page break.
> Then in another table (which will be shown on another page) I would like to
> show the 25 next rows, add a page break, show the next 25 rows, etc.
> I could solve this by
> System.Math.Ceiling (RowNumber (Nothing)/10)
> or
> Add a filter with top N = 10.
> The tables are identical and uses the same datasource.
> When I set the group to System.Math.Ceiling (RowNumber (Nothing)/25)
> on the last table nothing happens. All rows are shown. I thought I could
> add a filter with bottom N = CountRows - 10 but CountRows don't work in
> filters.
> And if it did I probably would have problems with the grouping to add page
> breaks.
> I know there have been similar requests, but I haven't been able to find a
> solution.
> Bright ideas are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment