Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Putting different reports in the Document Map

Hi,
I am not sure if this is possible or not, but here it goes.
I currently have 3 different chart reports, say 1, 2, 3. The users of these
reports pick which report they would like to run from a drop down in the
application. The remaining parameters for all of the reports are all the
same, so the only difference is picking the report name itself.
A user came to me and asked if there was a way to generate all 3 of the
chart reports at the same time and just have the 3 report names in the
Document Map, so then they could go from chart to chart just by using the map.
I have one idea of making a new report with all 3 charts in it, but I am not
sure how I would just have the one displaying at a time, and then having the
Document Map with only the 3 chart names.
Does this make sense and are there any suggestions?
ThanksPlease check my posting on your other thread with the title "Charting and
the Document Map".
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Spencer23" <Spencer23@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:99A78409-49F2-4DE0-AFB2-5C8B34A8E44D@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am not sure if this is possible or not, but here it goes.
> I currently have 3 different chart reports, say 1, 2, 3. The users of
> these
> reports pick which report they would like to run from a drop down in the
> application. The remaining parameters for all of the reports are all the
> same, so the only difference is picking the report name itself.
> A user came to me and asked if there was a way to generate all 3 of the
> chart reports at the same time and just have the 3 report names in the
> Document Map, so then they could go from chart to chart just by using the
> map.
> I have one idea of making a new report with all 3 charts in it, but I am
> not
> sure how I would just have the one displaying at a time, and then having
> the
> Document Map with only the 3 chart names.
> Does this make sense and are there any suggestions?
> Thanks
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment